Login

Comfort Food and Friends by Daisyangel

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Table of Contents

ePub eBook



- Text Size +


A/n I don’t own anyone associated with Criminal Minds. Please read and review.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Jack Hotchner looked up from the movie he was watching at the knock on the door. He’d finally convinced his father that at the age of twelve he could stay at home alone for a couple of hours while his father went out with Morgan for a couple of drinks. Hearing his father’s voice in his head to not open the door unless it was his team or his mother Jack looked through the window by the door. The figure standing outside was shaking and getting wet from the rain coming down in sheets. Quickly he opened the door, letting Emily into the apartment. As she walked in he went directly for the kitchen grabbing the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream out of the freezer a long with a spoon before heading back into the living room and handing it to her as he simultaneously popped The Princess Bride into the DVD player.

“Hey Em,” he said.

“Hey,” she replied as she sniffled.

“Your sweats and t-shirt are in the spare room from last time he said,” pointing to the hall. Nodding she turned and headed down the hall. Jack sucked in a breath when he caught sight of the bruise on her cheek and the ones he could see above the collar of her shirt. He was only twelve, but Jack Hotchner wasn’t stupid. He knew that her boyfriend was abusing her and it must have been a really bad night if she was showing up at his father’s door. He knew she usually went to his dad’s or his Uncle Derek’s house. This had become such a common routine that they always kept a gallon of her favorite ice cream in the freezer. Five minutes later Emily came out and sat beside him on the couch. She gave him a shaky smile before digging into the ice cream and beginning to watch the movie. Her tears continued to fall and her hands shook so she could barely hold the ice cream. Reaching over Jack placed a hand on hers to steady the carton.

“Thanks,” she said softly.

“Your welcome, you wanna tell me what’s wrong?” he asked.

“I’m fine, where’s Hotch?” she questioned.

“He went out with Uncle Derek. He should be home soon,” Jack said. Emily nodded quietly as she turned her focus back to the movie. Jack looked over about an hour later to find that Emily had cried herself to sleep. Knowing that she would be more comfortable in the guest room Jack carefully lifted her into his arms and carried her in and placed her in the middle of the bed and covered her up. He was surprised at how light she was. He wasn’t by any means weak all the running he’d been doing to make himself stronger was helping but she looked so frail and small.

“Dad will fix it, Emily. He always does. He always does,” he whispered as he closed the door and made his way back into the living room. Not for the first time wondering why his dad didn’t just ask the pretty brunette out. Jack liked her they’d always had a special bond that he didn’t have with the rest of the team. Just as he walked into the living room he heard the key in the lock and the laughing voices of his dad and his uncle Derek.

“Hey Jack,” Hotch said as he walked in.

“Hey, kiddo,” added Derek.

“Hey,” Jack replied.

“Wait a minute, are you watching The Princess Bride?” Morgan asked. Jack nodded. Hotch’s attention was caught by the statement. He looked from his son to the TV to the empty carton of ice cream on the table.

“She’s here, isn’t she?” he asked.

“Yeah, she got here a little over an hour ago. She looked pretty bad. She was crying,” Jack replied.

“I’m assuming you’re talking about Em?” Derek asked.

“Yeah,” both men answered in unison.

“Where is she now?” Hotch asked.

“She’s sleeping. I carried her to the guest room...” Jack stopped talking.

“What aren’t you telling us, kiddo?” Morgan prodded.

“Darn profilers,” Jack grumbled. Hotch suppressed a smile.

“He’s hitting her,” Jack said bluntly. Hotch and Morgan turned identical angry expressions on Jack.

“Are you sure, Jack?” Morgan demanded.

“Yes, I saw the bruise on her cheek and the bruises that were just above her collar.

“I’m gonna kill the damn SOB!” Morgan almost yelled.

“Morgan, calm down. I want to kill him just as bad as you do, but we can’t. At least not yet, we have to talk to Emily first,” Hotch argued.

“Yeah I know,” Morgan agreed. Hotch was about to speak but was stopped by the sound of the guestroom door slamming against the wall and the sound of running footsteps before the bathroom door was slammed. The sound of someone throwing up followed. Concerned Hotch headed for the bathroom. He knocked gently on the door.

“Emily, it’s Hotch, can I come in?” After a mumbled yes in-between bouts of vomiting Hotch gently eased the door open and walked into the bathroom. Frowning at the sight before him he knelt down behind Emily and held her hair out of her face with one hand and rubbed her back with the other. After a couple more minutes of throwing up Emily sagged against him.

“You okay now?” Hotch asked softly. Emily nodded slowly.

“You wanna tell me what’s going on? Jack said Jake’s been hitting you?” Hotch told her. Emily was about to lie but then she looked into Hotch’s eyes and saw the concern shining in them.

“Yeah but it wasn’t this bad until tonight,” she explained as she started to cry.

“What made tonight so different?” Hotch wanted to know.

“I told him I’m pregnant and he went ballistic. He hit me in the face and in the stomach. He even wrapped his hands around my throat. It was only because I grabbed my gun and threatened him with it did he let go,” she explained shakily. She’d began to shake when she was telling her story. Gently wrapping her in his arms Hotch rocked back and forth trying to soothe her.

“Shh, you’re safe now,” he whispered in her ear. He stood up and filled a glass with water before handing it to her so she could wash the taste out of her mouth.

“Thanks,” she said. The sound of a cell phone ringing caught their attention. Emily stiffened she recognized the ring it was Jake.


CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Morgan was watching the end of the movie in silence with Jack. He was worried about Emily and didn’t want to leave until he knew she was okay. The sound of her cell phone ringing startled him. He rummaged around in her purse before extracting it. He got off the couch and walked to the bathroom door.

“Hey, Em, your phone’s ringing,” he said as he handed it to her.

“H-h-hello?” Emily answered.

“Where the hell are you?” Jake shouted into the phone.

“I’m out,” Emily answered evasively.

“Out where, with Hotchner? Are you fucking him on the side? Are you sure that child isn’t his?” Jake roared.

“N-n-no, I’m not sleeping with him. The child is yours, but you made it pretty clear when I told you I was pregnant tonight that you didn’t want anything to do with me or the baby,” she spat acidly.

“Your damn right, it’s too bad one of those punches to the stomach didn’t kill the little brat,” he snarled. Both behavioralists stared with open mouths at what they had just heard. Emily tried to speak but was crying to hard. Morgan gently eased the cell phone from her hands while Hotch gathered her into his arms and held her tight.

“Listen here, buddy. I don’t know what your deal is, but if you ever contact Emily again I’ll have your ass, do I make myself clear?” Morgan snarled.

“Who the hell are you?” Jake inquired.

“Derek Morgan, FBI, I work with Em. If you ever come near Emily or the baby again, you’ll wish you had never been born,” Morgan warned. Hanging up the phone he joined Hotch and Emily on the floor.

“You’ve got to calm down or you’ll make yourself sick again, sweetheart,” Hotch whispered. Emily took in a shaky breath and tried to compose herself. Deciding to lighten the mood slightly, Morgan spoke.

“Did I hear you right, are you pregnant? Am I going to have a little girl or boy to be Uncle Derek to?” he asked with a smile. Emily smiled and nodded.

“Yep, I’m pregnant,” she answered.

“How far a long are you?” Hotch wanted to know.

“About six weeks.”

“Well congratulations,” Hotch told her.

“Yeah, congrats,” Morgan agreed.

“What do you say, you ready to get off the floor and head back to bed?” Hotch asked.

“Yeah sounds good,” Emily said. Morgan held out a hand after he stood up to help Hotch and Emily off the floor. Both men followed her to the guest room to ensure she didn’t fall. Jack was standing in the doorway with some ginger ale and crackers.

“Here, Emily, this usually helps me when I’m sick,” he said sitting it on the nightstand.

“Thanks, kiddo,” Emily said as she hugged him before climbing into bed and sipping slowly on the Ginger Ale.

“You know where my room is if you need me,” Hotch said as he motioned the other two out of the room.

“Thanks, night, Hotch,” she said.

“Night, Em,” he replied before closing the door.

TBC?

A/n, so what do you think? Not my favorite start to a story, but I hope it’ll get better. I’m still fleshing out some of the ideas. Please R/R.
Endnotes: Thanks for reading, please read and review.