Login

Road Trip by FlashForeward

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Table of Contents

ePub eBook



- Text Size +


Chapter Notes: Just a little addition to "Limelight" based on Reid saying “Road trip -- nice! I've got books on tape with Peter Coyote reading the entire Foundation Trilogy.”
Road Trip

“You’re not honestly going to play those, are you?” Agent David Rossi asked as he drove down the thru-way, glancing at the young man in the passenger seat as he fumbled with a stash of books on tape.

“The Foundation Trilogy,” Dr. Spencer Reid replied, wrenching the case open and sending one of the tapes clattering to the floor. “Is a unique set of science fiction novels, Rossi. It’s not something to pass up.” He leaned down and scooped the tape from where it had landed at his feet. “Besides, Peter Coyote’s reading is perfect for the story.”

“Don’t you already have this thing memorized?” Rossi queried, flicking the turn signal on and glancing behind him as he quickly shifted to a different lane.

“Well, yeah,” Reid replied. “But it’s still nice to go back to them sometimes.” He paused, gazing out the window, and Rossi foolishly assumed that the books on tape had been forgotten.

He was wrong.

“I’ve memorized your books,” Reid said, turning to look at Rossi. “But I still go back to them.”

“Why?” Rossi asked, keeping his gaze on the road. He watched out of the corner of his eye as Reid shrugged. The young man’s gaze fell to his lap.

“I may have an eidetic memory, but I still miss things,” Reid said. “I mean, it only makes sense that-” Rossi held up a hand, cutting the young doctor off. He glanced over at Reid who was giving him a quizzical look.

“I know,” he said. “I’m a profiler, too.” Reid nodded and both men returned their attention to the road ahead. Reid glanced down at the books on tape in his lap, then looked back up at Rossi, his mouth open, ready to speak.

“No,” Rossi said, ending the matter.