Login

Like a Sister by FlashForeward

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Table of Contents

ePub eBook



- Text Size +


Chapter Notes: This kind of embodies how I view Garcia and Morgan's relationship, and I wrote it because Lynch and Morgan totally need a scene like this!!
Like a Sister

“Lynch,” Derek Morgan said with a nod as he stepped into the elevator. He’d timed it all perfectly, leaving at just the right moment to ride down with Kevin Lynch. He smirked a little as he turned around, catching Lynch’s pronounced swallow out of the corner of his eye, but he quickly pulled his face back into a more subdued expression.

They rode the elevator in silence, Derek occasionally casting a glance at Lynch to see that the other man just kept staring straight ahead with his hands in his pockets. Derek turned his head away for a moment as a grin threatened to erupt onto his face, and when he returned his gaze to the panel in front of him the elevator jerked to a stop on the main floor.

The door began to slide open, but Derek quickly put his thumb on the “door close” button and held it down, watching the doors slide back together before turning his gaze to the confused Lynch.

“You hurt her, Lynch,” Derek began. Lynch shook his head, the confusion still in his eyes. Derek sighed and leaned against the wall, his finger still on the button, anticipating the shrill alarm that would sound if he held it there for too long.

“Garcia’s like…a sister to me,” Derek clarified. Lynch nodded slowly.

“Except, most brothers don’t call their sisters ‘Goddess’ and ‘Sexy,’” he replied. Derek laughed.

“All right, not a sister in the typical sense, but I care about her,” he explained.

“I know,” Lynch verified. Derek nodded as the alarm began to sound.

“Don’t hurt her,” he concluded before lifting his finger from the button. He exited the elevator when the doors were still only half-way open, leaving a stunned Kevin Lynch watching his back.

And the grin that had been threatening him since he’d climbed on the elevator finally appeared.

Later that night, as he returned home from a night at the bar, Derek’s phone rang shrilly, shattering his slightly tipsy demeanor with worries about another case. He snatched the phone from its cradle and collapsed on the couch, pressing the object to his ear.

“Morgan,” he said, holding his breath as he waited for the response.

“Derek? I cannot believe you!” came Penelope Garcia’s voice. Derek suppressed a laugh, knowing it would only anger her more.

“What’re you talkin’ about, sweet cakes?” he queried, figuring that playing dumb was his best option.

“Telling Lynch not to hurt me?” Garcia clarified. “Honestly, Derek, when did you turn into my father?”

Derek didn’t respond right away. He listened to the slight crackle on the line intermingled with Garcia’s breathing, the sounds a comfort for some nightmare he could not place.

“You got shot, Penelope,” he said. “I just…I don’t want you to jump into anything.”

“Are you going to judge all of my future relationships on that one?” Garcia asked, her voice oddly calm. “Or do I get to make a decision for myself every once in awhile, Big Brother?”

Derek sighed.

“I’m just lookin’ out for you, babe,” he said.

I know,” Garcia replied. “Just…don’t scare him away, okay?” Derek laughed, Garcia joined him.

“I won’t, I promise,” he said.

“Thanks, Derek.”

“Anytime.”