Login

The long way by little_profiler



Title: Bonus
Fandom: Criminal Minds
Pairing: Morgan/Garcia
Prompt for 10 dates: #5 Movie theater
Rating: K
Disclaimer: Neither the show nor the characters belong to me, they belong to CBS. Nonetheless, I love to borrow them from time to time.
Summary: Derek, a Will Smith movie and dual seats.
warnings: none

“Hey, baby girl!” Derek greeted as he entered her office and then waved two tickets at her. “Look what I got!”

Penelope gasped and then squealed excitedly: “Tickets to the premiere of Seven Pounds? Where did you get them? I’ve been trying to get these tickets like three months now!”

“Well, I have a few connections myself.” Derek grinned at her. “So, is that a date?”

“What?” Penelope burst out and then her eyes widened in shock. “You want to take ME with you?”

“Whom else, goddess?” he chuckled and then leaned in to kiss her cheek. “Consider it a belated birthday present. So, do we have a date for tomorrow night or not?”

Penelope bit her lip. Actually, she’d planned on going on a date that night with a rather nice guy she’d met some weeks ago in an auto-shop. But if the alternative was watching the premiere of ‘Seven Pounds’ with Derek… “Sure, you can count me in.”

“Great.” Derek smiled and bowed out. “I’ll pick you up at seven.”

“Okay.” she beamed. Then she pulled out her cell phone and made a call to cancel her date for the next night. She felt a bit guilty when she blew the guy off, but it didn’t seem like he was taking it too hard. Shrugging Penelope put her cell back into her pocket.

That behavior didn’t ruin her mood one bit. After all, she was about to watch a new movie starring one of her favorite actors “ and she was going to watch it with her all time favorite chocolate God.

Thus, she was more than excited as she searched her closet for something appropriate to wear.

Exactly two minutes before seven she heard a knock on her door. Smiling she opened and then gasped a little. “Hell, you look gorgeous!” Penelope burst out as she took in his appearance, the tight black jeans and the even tighter shirt he was wearing.

“You aren’t hard on the eye either.” Derek returned her smile and looked up and down her body with an appreciating whistle.

“Flatterer.” she mumbled as she took her purse. “So, can we go? I have a date with Will Smith after all.”

“Outch”, Derek winced and pressed a hand over his heart, “and I really thought I was the reason you agreed to come with me.”

“Let’s say you’re a very nice bonus.” she winked at him and linked arms with him letting him lead her out to his car.

“I see” Derek sighed a bit theatrically, “I don’t have a chance against Will Smith.”

“Aw, poor baby.” Penelope patted his cheek and grinned. “You can try spoiling me senseless and I might change my mind about YOU being the bonus.”

Chuckling Derek opened the door to the passenger’s seat for her and when she got in he leaned forward and whispered: “I promise by the end of the day you’ll have forgotten that Will Smith even exists.”

A shiver ran down Penelope’s spine making Derek grin proudly. Apparently, she wasn’t as immune to his flirting skills as she always pretended to be.

Penelope’s mood changed for the worse when they arrived at the movies. There were only dual seats “ meaning that except for Derek and her there were only couples. This was going to be embarrassing.

But much to Penelope’s surprise “ and to her relief “ the first thing Derek did when they took their seats was placing his arm around her shoulders and drawing her to his chest. And for the next one and a half hours Penelope was in heaven.

Unfortunately, the movie eventually ended. Sighing discontentedly Penelope rose from her very comfortable position to look up into Derek’s smirking face.

“So, baby girl, how did you like your gift “ except for the fact that I’m not Will Smith.” he teased and waggled his eyebrows at her.

“Oh, well, you’re a very close second after all.” she grinned back at him.

“Second?” Derek raised his eyebrows.

Penelope shrugged nonchalantly as she got up: “On my list of the sexiest chocolate gods alive.” She winked at him and then turned to leave.

“Wait!” Derek jumped up and caught up with her quickly. “You mean, I’m only second?”

She turned around and patted his cheek: “Honey, the last thing you need is more self-confidence.”

“Okay, I admit defeat.” he chuckled and put his arm around her shoulders. “So, how about the dinner I still owe you?”

“As much as I’d love to, I fear after all the popcorn I had during the past two hours I won’t get anything down.” Penelope sighed.

“Okay, then we’ll start with drinks then a dinner somewhere else and THEN a dinner at my place “ or yours if you like that better.” Derek shrugged. “No need to rush things anyways.”

She turned to frown at him: “Rush things?”

Derek just answered that with a wide grin as he led her out of the movie theater and into a nearby bar.