Login

A Crime of Passion by Pari





Several Hours Later




He had spent the past 13 hours at the hospital. He had been forbidden from stepping foot into Garcia’s room so instead he took up residence up against the wall directly across from Garcia’s door, which the nurses kept open for him, per his request. There was always a police officer seated just outside her door, four different ones since they took up guard. They always ignored Morgan, and his attempts at idle conversation but watched him intensely to make sure he didn’t get near the entrance to the room. So Morgan sat on the floor his back resting against the wall, his earplug in and his ipod touch on full blast, so loud that he hadn’t heard the commotion going on. He hadn’t heard Garcia’s scream, hadn’t seen the nurses rushing into the room. It had only been the Nurse who had nearly tripped over his outstretched legs, who had made him open his eyes to offer an apology that brought his attention to what was going on in Garcia’s room. Morgan bolted to his feet, yanking out the earplugs as he rushed to the door only to be stopped by burly black police officer, who looked to be in his mid-40s and was about 3 inches taller than Morgan and Morgan guessed had 100 lbs more muscle that he did.

“Oh God!!” Garcia cried out and the distress she appeared to be in made Morgan try to side step the guard who was blocking his way. “Oh God Kevin, Oh God, Oh God…I killed him. I’m sorry, I’m so sorry,” She moaned out as she hugged herself and rocked in the bed while the three nurses that had rushed in after hearing her screams, tried to comfort her and calm her down.

“Don’t talk Babygirl,” Morgan called out to her and she shot her eyes up and instantly locked on to his.

“Morgan,” She called out for him as fresh tears, but tears of relief, fell from her eyes.

“Don’t talk until Hotch gets here, I’m gonna call him now. You hear me? Don’t say another word, ok?” She nodded her head and clamped her mouth shut as she looked at him with confused and pained eyes, her mind unable to understand why Morgan wasn’t already at her side, why she wasn’t already wrapped up in the safety of his arms. “It’s gonna be ok baby, I promise…get the hell off of me man,” Morgan pushed back against the officer who released him and Morgan stepped back as he reached for his cell to call Hotchner.




“She didn’t tell you anything about what happened?” Prentiss asked Hotchner as she, Hotchner, Reid, and Morgan all stood just outside Garcia’s hospital room, watching Detectives Jameson and Reynolds talk to Garcia.

“No, she said she didn’t want to talk about it.” Hotchner spoke about the earlier conversation her had tried to have with Garcia. Now it was the police’s turn and they had been in her room for well over an hour but they were have even worse luck than Hotchner because she wouldn’t say a word to them. After another moment a seemingly frustrated Jameson stalked from the room with Reynolds behind him.

“Your friend in there isn’t helping her case any by not talking to us.” Jameson said directly to Hotchner, and Hotchner could only nod his head because he had to agree. “Did she say anything to you?” Hotchner threw out an, ‘are you serious?’ look at the detective for asking him to breach his client’s confidentially. “Yeah, yeah I know dumb question. Look you better get something from her to help her because right now we have her confession on tape and now we also have at least 6 witnesses in this hospital who will testify that they heard her confess to killing Mr. Lynch.”

“Look she’s just confused, let me talk to her.” Morgan offered.

“What so you can coach her about what to say, Uhm…no.” Reynolds said.

“Look you pompous son-of-a-bitch,” Morgan cursed as he took a step towards Reynolds who in turn stepped up to Morgan not liking the name calling. Hotchner and Jameson stepped in and held their man back. “You want her to talk, tell what happen than let me talk to her she’ll tell me.”

“He’s right,” Hotchner added. “Agent Morgan and Ms. Garcia have a close relationship…”

“Oh we’ve noticed,” Jameson cut Hotchner off. “Exactly how close is what I’d like to know?”

“None of your damn business, that’s how close,” Morgan answered. “If you want answers let me talk to her.” Jameson and Reynolds both regarded Morgan silently. “Look I’ll wear a wire if you want, hell get a stenographer in there with me who can transcribe everything we say.” Jameson continued thinking on it. “She’s not going to talk to anyone else but me, I promise you that.”

“All right, a stenographer is a good idea actually let me make a few calls and see if we can get on from the courthouse to come in.”




She had been resting on her side staring out the window at the rain that shimmered down the window when he entered the room with the stenographer. He stood near the entrance watching her for a moment while the stenographer set up, before he made his presence known.

“Hey beautiful.” He said and the stenographer quickly began typing, as Garcia snapped her eyes to where she heard Morgan’s voice. A bright smile instantly spread across her face as he moved closer to the bed, and by the time he reached her that smile had morphed into a frown and a new wave of tears, sobs, and moans fell from her mouth. “Shhh, hey now we’re not having any of that.” Morgan spoke softly as he sat on the side of the bed and pulled her into a secure embrace and kissed the top of her head. “Come on baby don’t cry you know how it tears me up to me to see you crying.” She did know and she made an attempted to sniff them back, and she did somewhat. The tears stopped but some hiccupping, sniffles remained. “That’s my girl,” Morgan declared with a slight smile as he pulled back a bit and brushed his fingers across her red nose. “Ok Princess you know that we’re in some trouble here. The police think that you killed Lynch…”

“I did.” Garcia replied in a hushed tone, but the stenographer typed on, and if she didn’t hear Garcia’s words she didn’t act to the contrary. “It’s all my fault.”

“What’s your fault baby?” Morgan asked a fear building within him over whether Garcia had committed a crime that could result in her being locked away for life.

“He was trying to be so romantic and I was being a bitch to him. I don’t know why I treated him that way, he’s always been so wonderful to me, but I…I didn’t feel for him.” She paused and looked at Morgan to see if she understood what she meant. “Morgan I didn’t love him, I wanted to, I tried to I swear to God I did but I couldn’t, and I had been meaning to talk to him about it, but you know my work load has doubled since JJ left.” Morgan nodded his head but remain silent not wanting to interrupt her now that she was talking. “So there wasn’t ever a right time, not that there is a ‘right’ time to dump someone. Then I got home last night and he was there, I think Mrs. Reilly had given him the spare key I gave to her in case I accidentally locked myself out. She had seen Kevin at my place a lot and I had introduced him as my boyfriend so I guess she thought it was ok to give him my key. So I walked in and there were lit candles all over the apartment and rose petals.” She snapped her eyes shut trying to will away the memory. She then took a deep breath and opened her eyes again. “Morgan he asked me to marry him, two carat ring diamond in hand, down on bended knee. And I…I freaked out, I just blurted out that I couldn’t because I didn’t love him. I keep seeing his face,” Once again she closed her eyes in remembrance. “He was so hurt and than he kind of flipped out, he didn’t seem angry…he spoke to me in a gentle tone, like he always did telling me he loved me and that we belonged together, but…he was…he hurt me, grabbed my arms.” Morgan’s Jaws clenched and twitched in rage at hearing those words, but he still remained quiet. “He grabbed me and wrestled me to the floor.” Her eyes fell to the white blanket that covered the bed, unable to meet Morgan’s eyes any longer. “He said that I loved him he knew I did and he was going to prove it to me, make me remember…make me feel it.” She clamped her eyes shut and fresh tears spilled out and Morgan felt his own warm tears slip out and down his cheek as he listened to Garcia’s devastating tale. “He ra…raped…raped me.” She sobbed out and Morgan’s eyes clamps shut and he swallowed down the roar that threatened to escape his mouth. “Afterwards I felt so disgusting and dirty and I was so angry and I told him that I was going to tell you what he did and that you were going to kill him.” Morgan couldn’t help thinking that no truer words have ever been spoken. “He laughed and rummaged threw the bag he toted around. He pulled out the gun that he always carried around for protection and he said that you wouldn’t kill him, and I was terrified, so scared that he intended to go after you and shoot you.” Her voice rose continuously as she retold the story. “But instead he put the gun against his temple and told me that you wouldn’t kill him because I already had and then he…he pulled the trigger. Oh God, it’s all my fault!” She wailed out and Morgan quickly pulled her into his arms and she clung to him in desperation as she cried. He held her just a desperately and continued to hold her until the cries turned to hiccups and her heart rate slowed down enough to let him know that she had fallen asleep. He settled her against the pillow and he and the stenographer crept from the room to rejoin the others who had been listening outside.

“So did you hear that?” Morgan asked Jameson directly. “She was only confessing her guilt over something that wasn’t her fault. He punk raped her and then shot himself because he couldn’t take her rejection. It was a suicide, not murder.”

“What I heard was a damn good story, the same story I have heard many times before from murderous women who are trying to cover their asses and trying to beat a murder charge.” Jameson said causing Morgan to sneer at him. “We’ll have the autopsy and ballistic report of the evidence gathered off of Ms. Garcia sometime tomorrow, you had better pray that the evidence supports her claims. There better not be a milligram of GSR found on Ms. Garcia.”

“Oh come on she was covered in his blood, most likely she went to him to tried to help him, you know GSR can transfer by simply touching someone that has it on them.” Morgan stated.

“Yeah well unless she shook his hand ‘after’ he had shot himself, she shouldn’t have any on her hands.” Jameson said and then turned to Hotchner. “I’ll send you copies of the reports as soon as they come in.”

“Thank you,” Hotchner said with a handshake and watched Jameson walk off and then focused onto Morgan. “He’s right, if there’s any GSR on her hands it’s going to blow that account she just gave to hell.”