Login

GarVez Ficlets: From Season 16 by Pari



“Hey, can I talk to you for a second? I wanted to apologize for last night,” He said as she looked at every area in the conference room except where he stood looking at her intensely. He had anxiously waited until the others had left the room before he approached her.

“You don’t need to apologize, and frankly I wish you wouldn’t because it just makes the humiliation worse for me,” She rambled out as she clutched the notebook she held against her bosom. Her words brought an instant frown to his face as confusion filled his mind. “Let’s just forget last night ever happened and we can go back to being frienemies, all right?” She said and then moved to step around him, but he stilled her by gently grasping her arm.

“No, that’s not all right because I’ve never thought of you as my enemy and I don’t want to forget last night. Last night was amazing, Penelope,” He declared and it was now her turn to be confused, and her brows furrowed as she finally looked up at him. “And I thought you enjoyed last night too, was I wrong?” He questioned and wondered if he had misread things.

“Of course, I enjoyed last night, and I vividly recall telling you not to stop but you did stop and practically ran out the door,” She answered as she hugged herself as if to shield herself from the hurt that she felt after he had left.

“I left because I didn’t want to get too carried away,” He defended. “I thought things were moving too fast.”

“Too fast?” She repeated as her voice rose a little, but then she remembered where they were and then lowered her voice to a near whisper as she continued her words. “We’ve been doing, whatever this thing is we do, for three years now. Actually, longer than that if I’m being completely honest. Yeah, I admit I’ve had the hots for you for years now, shut it, and silently enjoy the moment,” She pushed out quickly and he said nothing but simply let a satisfied smile spread across his face at this acknowledgment from her. “Nothing with us has ever been fast, it’s always been slow-burning. So, why would you think last night was us moving too fast?”

“Well, ‘technically’ as you told your friend we only had one date before last night, and it was a great date which I had hoped we’d have more of, but the entire world came to a halt. And you kind of brushed me off whenever I called you after our date.”

“I wasn’t giving you the brush off I just got the impression from you that you weren’t that into me. It was like you came, you saw, it wasn’t all you thought it would be, and you left, never to return. I mean, you didn’t even give me a good night kiss after our date or tell me you wanted to see me again. You walked me to my door said you had a good time and gave me a hug. A hug, Luke,” She repeated with a look of disgust on her face. “And,” She pointed her finger at him as she continued. “You never even mentioned the date whenever we spoke afterward.”

“That’s because I got the impression from you that you didn’t want to talk about it,” He defended. “You were so nice to me during our date and then when I called you the next day you were so cold towards me. It was like during the date you completely removed that ‘armor’ you always seem to wear just for me, but then it was back on and you pushed me back at arm’s length again. So, I didn’t want to be presumptuous, and I thought maybe you didn’t ‘like me’, like me, as I like you. But last night,” He paused a moment and a mischievous smile graced his lips as some of the events of the previous night flashed in his mind. “Last night I discovered that you do really like me as I like you. And you don’t know how happy that made me, how wonderful that felt in here,” He placed his right hand against his chest over his heart. “And there was no way I was gonna fuck that up by letting my dick take control and doing something you were not ready for. I know in the heat of the moment it felt so good, and mami, I truly wanted you so badly. But I was afraid that in the morning-”

“I’d put back on my ‘armor’ and kick you out of my bed and toss you out of my house,” Penelope cut him off as she finally understood what his train of thought and actual fears were the night before.

“Yeah,” Luke confirmed as he nodded his head as her words were on point with what he had been worried about.

“All right, we’ve both been misreading things between us. So, what do we do now?” She questioned and he arched a brow in surprise at her question. “I mean we both admit that we like each other more than just friends slash frienemies,” She threw in that jab with a smirk and he rolled his eyes slightly but also smirked back. “So, what’s the next step? Do we go on more dates to determine if we want to pursue, a more exclusive relationship with each other?”

“Well, I already know that I want to pursue a completely exclusive relationship with you, but what about you?” He asked her nervously and she smiled slightly and blushed profusely while she nodded her head.

“Yeah, me too,” She agreed and he let out a relieved breath and smiled down at her. “Okay, so we see each other exclusively and get to know each other better, and … Damn it, Luke Alvez how long are you gonna make me wait for sex?” She asked in an exasperated tone. “Because I am ready and would gladly take you back to my apartment right now for some very hot and heavy sexcapades,” Luke’s eyes widened in shock at her bold words as he subconsciously licked his lips and then smiled. “I’m sorry if my bluntness shocks you but this pandemic has birthed a new side of me and I now understand that life is too precious and so short, and we shouldn’t waste it. Also, it’s been nearly 5 years since I’ve had sex with something not battery-operated, excluding these puppies,” She wiggled all of her fingers. “I like you, you like me. You said you want to have sex with me, and I want that too. So, when are we gonna do it?” She finished her words but it wasn’t Luke’s voice that filled the space, It was JJ’s.

“Uhm … Sorry,” She began and both Penelope and Luke turned to regard her. “I forgot my files,” She said with a knowing and amused smile on her face as she stepped to the table, grabbed up the files, and then exited back out without saying anything further. Luke then looked back to Penelope unsure if he should apologize for starting this particular conversation at work and then being busted.

“Oh, please,” Penelope rolled her eyes dramatically reading the concern written all over his face. “Like she isn’t gonna be the first person I call after we do the do if we ever do it,” She tacked on in a huffy tone and Luke laughed a little and quickly stepped right up to her before she got the wrong idea about why he was laughing. The smile left his face as he stood so close, they were touching chest to chest, and he then leaned down until his nose barely touched her nose.

“I think I might just fall in love with you, Penelope Garcia,” He said in a hushed tone and before she could let the shock from his words settle in her mind, she felt the softness of his lips against hers and the strength of his hands that wrapped around her. The kiss was the most gentle, sweet, and tender kiss she had ever experienced and she heard herself pant out a sated sigh when he finally pulled back from the kiss.

“Tonight, your place or mine?” Luke said and Penelope’s eyes fluttered a second as she recovered from the kiss. When she finally registered what he had said and what he meant, she became nervous but she hadn’t been lying when she said she wanted him and had for a long time now. But she pushed away any fleeting insecurities and fears about not being good enough. She discovered self-love and acceptance for who she was inside and out, and she had been living a carpe diem lifestyle since sheltering at home from the pandemic, and she found her new life and mindset suited her. So, she decided she would have what she was sure would be, mind-blowing sex with Luke Alvez and if afterward, they did decide it should be a one-time thing, she would have no regrets or hard feelings about it. She leaned up on her tip-toes which was necessary even in her heels, and she placed her hands on his shoulders, as he instinctively placed firm hands on her hips. She then pulled him into another kiss, but this one was deeper, and tastier, and relayed her desire for him. The way his hands moved to her ass and pressed her closer to the growing bulge in his pants told her she needed to stop. So, she reluctantly ended the kiss and stepped back, while he begrudgingly let her go.

“Tonight, my place,” She said and then made her way to the exit leaving Luke to catch his breath and try to talk down his erection.