Login

Constant Cravings by Pari



She had just come from getting her fourth cup of coffee, the only thing that had kept her on her feet for the past 14 hours, while she helped the team try and catch a serial child killer. She had been on her way back to her office when she noticed a woman who looked lost, so she figured she would offer her assistance.

“Can I help you?” Garcia’s soft voice filled the air and the woman quickly turned to her with a sigh of relief. “Ms. Barnes,” The shock at seeing this woman could be heard in Garcia’s voice and she was sure it was probably written all over her face as well, whereas Tamara Barnes’s face held a look of confusion.

“Yes…do I know you?” Tamara asked as she frowned a bit and she tried to recall the red head before her.

“Not personally no ma’am, I’m technical analyst Penelope Garcia I was a part of the BAU team who helped solve your brother’s murder.” Garcia explained.

“Oh I‘m so sorry, but I really don’t recall ever meeting you and I thought I had thanked everyone.”

“Oh, yeah you did...I was a blonde…then I mean, when we first met.”

“Oh yes, now I remember you. Wow well look at you, you wear red very well.” Tamara said around a genuine smile.

“Thank you ma’am,” Garcia replied and she subconsciously brushed her hand over her tresses.

“Please stop with the ‘Ma’am’ and ‘Miss Barnes’. Please just call me Tamara.”

“All right, Tamara, it is and you can just call me Penelope, so how can I help you?”

“I was looking for Derek,” She stated and then corrected with a smile. “Sorry I meant Agent Morgan.” Garcia fought hard against the frown that threatened to mar her face.

“Oh well, uhm he’s with the team, they’re away on a new case.” Garcia said knowing she wasn’t allowed to indulge too much.

“A case, he didn’t mention a new case when he left this morning.” Garcia’s chest tightened a bit at hearing those words, though she couldn’t fathom why.

“They just got the call this morning. Part of the job, we always have to have a bag packed and stored in the trunk of our cars, just in case.”

“Do you know how long he’ll be away?” Tamara asked as she reached down and pulled on a gold chain, which caught Garcia’s full attention since she recognized the gold necklace. She knew it was Morgan’s necklace, and she knew because she had given it to him three Christmas’s ago, and he always wore it. “Penelope?” Tamara spoke out again after a long pause where Garcia just stood standing and staring at the necklace.

“I’m sorry what did you say?”

“I asked if you knew how long they would be away.” Tamara repeated.

“No I’m sorry it could take a few hours, it’s already been 14 of those. Or it could take days.” Garcia answered honestly. “I’m sure Morgan will call you as soon as he can.”

“Yeah, you’re right, I’m sure he will too,” Tamara concurred and she continued to tug on the necklace. “But I’m sure you’ll probably speak to him before I do so could please let him know I came by and tell him…tell him I said to be careful.”

“Will do, and in case I forget,” Garcia moved to Reid’s desk and grabbed a pen and quickly scratched down her number and then turned and held it out to Tamara. “Here’s my number if you don’t get a call from Morgan soon you just give me a call. Things can get hectic sometimes and I might forget to call him.”

“Thank you Penelope and it was nice to see you again.”

“You too,” Garcia replied with a forced smile which turned to a frown the instant Tamara turned and left.



By the time Garcia had gotten back to her office she had received the call from JJ that they had solved the case and were on their way home. That had been three hours ago so she wasn’t at all surprised when she heard someone entering her office, and wasn’t surprised to feel the kiss to her temple as Morgan leaned over her.

“Hey babygirl,” He mumbled against her hair. She knew that this case, like any case they did involving the abuse or murder of children effected Morgan deeply. Afterwards he would go through a routine of detoxification, which entailed spending the night wrapped up in bed with Garcia, as she held him while he slept. Tonight would be no different even though she wasn’t in the best of moods, and the object of her sour disposition was the very man who was seeking comfort in her arm. She would never turn him away especially now that she knew the reasons for Morgan angst went back to his childhood, a childhood where he himself had been abused. “You ready to head home?” He asked as he pulled back and turned her swivel chair so she was facing him as he stared down at her.

“Where to tonight your place or mine?” She asked as she stood and began gathering her things.

“Uh…yours, if that’s ok.”

“When has it ever ‘not’ been ok?” She questioned him as she finally faced him and looked directly into his eyes. “You know you’re always welcome to my home.”

“Yeah I know just didn’t know if Lynch was…” He let the sentence hang there not caring to finish the statement.

“Even if Kevin ‘was’,” She mimicked his comment. “You’d still be welcome in my home Derek.”

“Ditto,” Morgan said as he reached out and grasped her laptop bag from her hand.

“So, are we stopping by your place to get Clooney?” Garcia asked though she didn’t know why since that was usually what they did.

“Naw,” Morgan asked hurriedly and Garcia arched her brow. “He’ll be fine for one night, I had someone to stop by and feed him while I was away.”

“OK,” Garcia replied as they exited her office. She figured she already knew who that person was, and the thought caused her earlier anger to flare up again. “By the way you might want to call Tamara Barnes she stopped earlier looking for you.” She tossed out causally as they stood waiting for the elevators.

“She came here?” Morgan asked as he frowned slightly.

“Yeah and I told her you were on a case and that I’d let you know that she had stopped by.” Morgan mumbled a ‘thanks’ as they entered the elevators. He pulled out his cell phone but instead of dialing a number like Garcia had expected him to, instead he turned the phone off and then put it back in his pocket. He then leaned heavily against the back wall of the elevator and closed his eyes. The look on his face was enough to stop Garcia from questioning him further about the subject of Tamara Barnes. Instead she moved beside him and reached out and grasped his hand in hers. He never opened his eyes but lifted then entwined hands to his lips, and kissed the back on Garcia’s hand softly.




He had heard the first ring but in his sleepy state wasn’t sure if it was something dream induced or not. The second ring brought his head up, and caused his eyes to focus on the sleeping woman whose bosom his head had been nestled against. The third ring made him moved his eyes to the clock which blared the time of 3:30 am, and this caused him to yank up the cell phone on the bedside table and bark into it. “Do you know what time it is?” There was a pause.

“Derek?” The feminine voice filled his ears.

“Who’s this?” Morgan asked his head a bit more lucid.

“Tamara,” She answered and then there was another pregnant pause. “Why are you answering Penelope’s phone at three in the morning?”