Login

Constant Cravings by Pari



Garcia had arrived at Quantico with a smile on her cherry red lips. After her meltdown earlier, thanks to Tamara Barnes, Morgan had spent nearly two hours consoling her and trying to cheer her up, which he did…so easily. So she was in high spirits when she entered her office. She closed her door and turned on the lights and then moved to her desk. Once she settled her bags in their usual place on the floor, she plopped in her seat to start warming up her babies. Her eyes instantly locked onto the small CD that was perched up against her keyboard. She picked it up and stared perplexingly at the word scribbled on it, ‘Karma’.




Morgan had just come to bring his ‘Princess’ her favorite frappe. His guilt over Garcia being attacked and upset by Tamara still nagged at him. As he was just about the open the door to her office, Garcia nearly mowed him down as she rushed out of it. Her wet, bloodshot eyes, blotchy red face as well as the way she seemed to be hyperventilating, caused him to become filled with concern, and he instinctually dropped the drink in his hand, to the floor, and reached for her.


“Hey…hey…what’s wrong?” Morgan asked as he held Garcia at arm’s length and leaned down a bit to stared directly into her eyes. Garcia seemed to be struggling to breath as she shook from her sobbing. Morgan pulled her against his chest, and wrapped his strong arms around her. She welcomed the embrace and clung to him, as she continued to sob. “What’s wrong babygirl? I can’t fix it if you won’t tell me what’s wrong. Come on talk to me, sweetness,” He spoke softly as he kissed the top of her head. They stood there like that in the corridor for at least 10 minutes, with their co-workers walking by them not even sparing them a glance. All were now immune or maybe just ignorant to what some referred to as the ‘Morgan and Garcia Show’. Their banter and flirty behavior so renowned that they were often referenced in the ‘sexual harassment in the workplace’ seminars, held every six months. Morgan and Garcia were always the examples of how ‘not’ to behave in the workplace, although neither was ever reprimanded for their behavior.


Morgan noticed that Garcia’s body was more relaxed and not as coiled up as it was a few moments prior. Also her sobs had quieted down to sniffles and so he took that as a sign she was calm enough to talk to him. “Hey can you tell me what happened now?” He asked again as he leaned back just enough to place a kiss against her forehead.


“In my office,” Was all that she seemed to be able to muster and Morgan slowly released her from his arms and reached out behind her to open the door. “I can’t go back in there…not while…” She ended her words abruptly and then walked off to the side a bit and rested her back against the wall. Morgan was now truly intrigued as he watched her for a moment before he opened the door. The moans and groans captured his attention before the images playing on all the computer monitors in the office. There in full Technicolor were Kevin Lynch and Tamara Barnes having sex. Morgan quickly moved to the computers and stopped the playback. He knew instantly who was behind it all. “Thanks,” Garcia’s meek voice spoke from behind him and he twirled to find her re-entering the office.


“I am so sorry Garcia.” Morgan said as he looked at her with eyes that pleaded for her forgiveness.


“Don’t be it’s not your fault, you didn’t make Kevin…God how could he do that to me.” She asked as she plopped down in her seat with fresh tears falling from her eyes. “I mean I get ‘why’ she’s gorgeous and I’m not…”


“You’re wrong, baby you are gorgeous, sometimes you take my breath away. And no matter how hard ‘she’ might try she will never ever in a million years be able to attain the beauty that is you. And Kevin’s, he’s just a damn fool and if could do something like this to you then he never deserved you in the first place.”


“But I loved him, I ‘love’ him, and I’ve done those things with him,” She waved her hand towards the monitors. “And then some, so why wasn’t I enough, why aren’t I ever enough. Why do all the men I meet who I think are interested in me wind up either breaking my heart or trying to kill me? Why am I not worthy of love, of being loved.” Her face fell as more sobs dripped from her mouth. Morgan kneeled before her and pulled her into another comforting embrace.


“Hush silly girl, you are loved, I love y…”


“Hey,” A voice pulled them from their moment of raw emotions and would be confessions. “Penelope are you ok?” Kevin Lynch stood in the open door way, with genuine concern etched on his face. In reply Garcia threw him an icy glare and then reached over and hit the play button on her keyboard. Once again the tiny office became filled with the sights and sounds of Kevin and Tamara’s sex session. Kevin’s eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. “Oh God I didn’t know…I didn’t know she was recording it.”


“Wow…” Garcia said around a chuckle and she stopped the footage from palying. “That’s all you have to say, not “I’m sorry” or “It was an accident”? No explanation whatsoever, except ‘I didn’t know she was recording’?” He had enough sense to at least look remorseful, but that soon turned into a look of fright as Morgan stood and leered at him.


“You do know I’m gonna have to stomp your ass all over this building right?” Morgan said casually.


“Look I’m sorry Agent Morgan, but she…she came onto me. She was saying how you and Penelope were sleeping together and…and I got jealous and…”


“And you think that’s gonna save you?” Morgan asked as he took a step towards the cowering man, only to have Garcia’s grasp upon his forearm still him.


“I know she’s your girlfriend but I swear…”


“You think I want to snap that weaselly little neck of yours because you fucked Tamara? You really are a stupid fool. I don’t give a damn about hat bitch, I broke up with her, but what I do give a damn about is you hurting as well as disrespecting Garcia like that.”


“Penelope, I am so sorry if I hurt you,” Kevin spoke, looking directly at Garcia.


“If you hurt me…there’s no ‘if’ in it. I hurt…you hurt me Kevin,” She spoke through trembling lips her voice cracking on the last words, which caused even more anger to well up inside Morgan and he took another step toward where Kevin stood. Again Garcia’s hand stilled him. “Morgan don’t, he’s not worth it. Kevin just leave and pretend like you don’t know me; you don’t know my name, number, or address, it’s over.”


“Penelope Pleas…”


“Go before I let Morgan loose.” She threatened the Kevin took heed; quickly turning on his heel and leave the way he had come. Once Kevin left Garcia move her hand from Morgan’s arm and then wrapped her arms around his waist as she rested her head against his hip. Morgan in turn reached down his left hand and began stroking her hair. The teams workload was light no new cases, and so he stayed with Garcia for the day, bringing his paperwork and an extra chair into her office.