Login

The Newest Member by TheDoctorsWife



Story Note:

This is a work in progress. I thought it was time Spencer had someone to love him. Please tell me what you think.

The time period is a little off. It has both Emily and Jason, but I'm not sure yet what season it would be. Sometime after Reid got off of drugs.

Enjoy :)
Aaron Hotchner moved swiftly down the FBI corridor and towards BAU door. He was nervous and excited to see how the day would unfold, although you could hardly tell by looking at his never-changing expression. As he passed the desks of his fellow team members, Aaron paused. They looked at him, sensing that something important was happening.
“I need to see all of you in the conference room,” was all he said before turning on the balls of his feet and walking away. They looked after him, not sure of what to think.
“Well okay then,” Agent Emily Prentiss said, before standing up and readying to follow Hotch.
Dr. Spencer Reid tapped fellow agent JJ Jareau on the shoulder.
“Do you know what this is about?” he attempted to whisper.
“Maybe, if you go to the conference room, you’ll find out,” said Agent Jason Gideon as he passed by. JJ looked at Spencer and shrugged, then they each walked to the conference room, followed by Agent Derek Morgan.
“Are we all here?” said Hotch, as he shut the door after Derek.
JJ nodded, “With the exception of Garcia, sir.”
“Well, I can’t wait for her to come in, so I’ll fill her in later.” Aaron walked to the front of the room and turned the computer screen on. The image of a young woman appeared in front of the profilers.
“This is Dr. Marian Cameron. She just graduated from Oxford University at the age of 21. She has two PhDs in Engineering and Physiology and three bachelor degrees in Physics, Creative Writing, and Philosophy. Her IQ level is at 185 and she shares many of the qualities of our young friend Dr. Reid that make people regard her as a genius.” he stopped a moment to look at Spencer. Reid was staring at the computer screen, his eyes wide, seemingly oblivious to everything Aaron was saying. If he didn’t know better, Hotch would think that Spencer was attracted to the girl.
“She also,” He continued, shaking away the thought, “Is a novelist. Her most commonly known book, Tale of a Teenage Runaway, was published when she was nineteen-”
“No offence Hotch, but where are you going with this? Is it a case? Was she murdered or something?” Derek said with a tone of annoyance. He wasn’t keen on listening to the accomplishments of geniuses, it was bad enough with Reid around.
“No, Derek. Dr. Cameron is the newest member to our team. I thought you should know some things about her before you meet her.” he started towards the door, “Gideon, you finish this up.” And with that, Hotch walked out of the room, leaving behind a room of dumbfounded FBI agents.
“Wait, Gideon, is Hotch serious? Are we really going to have her as a part of our team?” asked Emily. She was excited, for Marian Cameron was one of her favorite authors.
“Apparently, when the young genius graduated last June, the British government wanted to recruit her. When America caught wind of this, they automatically offered her a position. When they interviewed her, the FBI could easily tell that she would be a major asset to our team. Hotch and I talked to her over the phone, and quite honestly I agree with them. She’s bright, fresh, and extremely creative and observant, I think she is exactly what we need.” Gideon looked out the window to the main room, “Now, if you’ll follow me, I believe she has just arrived.”
Everyone stood up, eager to meet this person who would soon enter their world. Everyone, that is, except for Dr. Spencer Reid, who sat absolutly still, staring at the picture of the young girl, completely unaware that his life would never be the same again