Login

6x11: 25 to Life (2.0) by Pari

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Table of Contents

ePub eBook



- Text Size +


When Prentiss had told her that Morgan left saying he needed to clear is head, Garcia knew exactly where she would find him. So her trek ended with her standing just inside the doorway of the empty fitness room in the lower part of their building, watching the sole occupant beating on one of the punching bags. “Hey” She greeted as she moved up to stand closer to him, but stayed back far enough so that she wasn’t in any danger of accidentally being hit. He shot her a quick glance but never spoke nor stalled in his punches. She remained quiet letting him finished working his frustrations out on the bag and after a few moments of Morgan’s fist connecting hard blows to the bag he finally stopped and stepped away panting. “I’m sorry baby,” She offered an apology as she watched him tear the tape from his hands.

“What are you sorry for?” He asked as he yanked off the rest of the tape and threw it in a nearby trashcan. “You weren’t the one who help get a killer out of prison so he could kill again.”

“You don’t know that he is…well ‘was’ a killer.”

“That’s what the evidence in his first murder case says, and that’s what Strauss believes. FUCK!” Morgan raged as he kicked the trashcan across the room but Garcia didn’t even flinch at his reaction, she knew how his temper was and that he would always take out his anger and frustrations on inanimate objects. “How could I have gotten it so wrong?”

“You didn’t…” The look of disbelief that he was sending her caused her to pause a moment. “You told me that the evidence of the crime was not what you looked at when addressing a parole board, and you don’t look at the man he ‘was’. You said that it was all about the man he is now, and if he’s changed…hopefully for the better. With the guidelines that the BAU set forth you did everything you were supposed to do…”

“Tell that to his latest victim’s family.” Morgan snapped at her.

“Morgan I know…”

“Stop right there, don’t you stand there and tell me you know how I feel or that you understand because you have no fucking idea.” This time she flinched at his tone, a tone she had heard from him before just never directed at her.

“OK,” She sighed inwardly as she tried not to let the hurt show in her face. “You know if you need to…want to talk about it I’m here. And Morgan since you seem to be confused let me enlighten you, ‘this’,” She placed her hand on the bag he had been striking. “Is a punching bag, not me so don’t take your frustrations out on me.” With that said she turned and began to stalk from the room.

“Penelope,” Morgan called to her as he shot his hand out and grasped her wrist to stop her retreat. She allowed him the pull her back against his hard chest as he wrapped his arms around her. She didn’t bother to cite her usual rants of how it wasn’t professional to act intimate at work or that someone might see them. “I’m sorry baby…I’m sorry.” He then kissed the top of her head as he held her closer. “This case has really got me trippin. Please forgive me.” She turned in his arms and graced him with a pout.

“Derek, you know I can forgive you anything,” She said as she smiled lovingly at him. “You know how I get whenever something’s upset you or hurt you I go into protective mode, and try to offer ways to make it all better.”

“I know you do,” He pulled her closer once more and again kissed the top of her head. “I just don’t know if this can be fixed.”

“Well you’ve got me and the rest of the team behind you 100%, you just lead the way, and tell us what needs to be done. You didn’t drop the ball here, which mean that someone else did, so we’ll comb through all the files we have on the Sandersons’ case until we find the blimp and then set everything right.”

“God woman you do know how amazing you are?” Morgan asked as he released her from the embrace and let his arm drape over her shoulder as they headed out.

“Mmhm,” She replied with a nodded and a smile as she looked up at him. He quickly swooped in and kissed her lips.


Hours later


“You’re still thinking about the case aren’t you?” Garcia asked as she stood behind Morgan’s chair and massaged his wide shoulders. They had finished the Sandersons' case which ending in Sanderson getting fully exonerated for the crimes, and resulted in Morgan being vindicated. “Your muscles are knotted up really tight,” She stated as she leaned in to apply more pressure to his shoulder and back muscles. They were the only two left in the bullpen since everyone had already gone home. Morgan had to finish up some paperwork and since Garcia had rode into work with him she was stuck with him, not that it bothered her nor that she’d ever have complained.

“I just keep kicking myself over the way I acted.” Morgan said as he leaned his head forward a bit and let his chin rest against his chest.

“Well you know all is forgiven here.”

“Yeah I know but it’s not that, though I’m extremely sorry for lashing out at you, I feel 10 times worse about the way I treated Sanderson, and I’m angry that Strauss had me doubting myself, and my abilities as a profiler.”

“You know what just said the word and I’ll make it like that bitch never existed.” Garcia said with conviction not caring if she was overheard by another co-worker, and Morgan chuckled as he made a mental note to never truly piss off his babygirl.

“It’s my only fault for letting her get to me. I will never let that happen again.”

“Word,”

“I know I’m good at what I do.”

“The very best,” Garcia tossed in as she ended her ministrations and leaned down and kissed his cheek. “Come on I’ll take you that florist on the corner and buy you some flowers, flowers always make me feel better.” She offered as she stood back and watched him stand and pull on his jacket.

“I don’t want any flowers sweetness.”

“OK,” She said as she grasped his arm and led them to the exit. “Then let’s head over to Nate’s Diner I’ll buy you one of his thick, juicy t-bone steaks with a baked potato on the side.”

“I’m not hungry.” Morgan replied with a slight pout that Garcia always found so adorable on him.

“Fine, how ‘bout you take me back to my place and I’ll let you do naughty things to me.” She said as they stood before the elevators waiting for them to come up the 7 floors.

“I don…” He paused in his refusal having her words fully register in his head. “Let's take the stairs,” Morgan said as he grasped her hand and tugged a giggling Garcia to the stairwell doors.