Login

The Consequences by Pari



Chapter Notes: READ FIRST - God Given Solace
She was purposely being distant with him. When they had first returned home after his mother’s funeral a month ago things had seemed normal between them, then a couple of weeks ago he had started noticing the change in her. She was being all ‘businesslike’ with him whenever they worked a case. She stopped hanging out with him after hours, and wouldn’t take any calls from him that wasn’t work related. At first he had understood, given their ‘new’ situation, but they had sworn to each other that they would not allow the one night they had spent together, a night of passionate solace, to complicate their lives or disrupt their relationship. Yet for the past two weeks she had been either avoiding him or ignoring him altogether, and he hadn’t been the only one to notice since Prentiss and Rossi both had asked him if something was wrong between them, he had lied and told them no. So when he had marched down to her office after they had finished for the day, he was beyond irritated and borderline angry, until he had reached her opened door and saw her slumped over her desk with her head in her hands.


“What’s wrong?” He asked in concern as he passed over the threshold and closed the door behind him to give them some privacy. When she looked up at him with red eyes, her face wet with her tears and covered in red blotches, his concern grew exponentially.


“I just got a call from my doctor. I’ve been feeling off for a couple of weeks now, and I suspected that I might be…but then I was in denial and just plain scared,” She closed her eyes and swallowed down the lump in her throat before she opened her eyes again and focused on the man now kneeling before her with his hands clutching hers, as if bracing himself to hear bad news. She supposed that it could be labeled as ‘bad news’. “I went to the doctor’s because I wanted to be 100% sure before I told you about it.”


“Ok sweetness you’re really starting to scare me. What’s going on are you sick?” Morgan asked as his heart pounded in his chest, his mind already conjuring up the most morbid thoughts about losing his babygirl. He knew he wouldn’t be able to survive losing the second most important woman in his life, especially so soon after losing the first.


“God why is this so hard, why am I scared to tell you…I…I tell you ‘everything’. Now I’m terrified, look my hands are shaking,” She was babbling again as she stared down at her trembling hands, which Morgan grasped inside his own to still them.


“Ok calm down and take a deep breath,” He instructed and she did as he said, she closed her eyes and took deep, even breaths.


“Morgan I’m pregnant,” Garcia announced as she opened her eyes and stared intensely at him to gage his reaction. He was visually relieved which actually stunned her. “About three weeks along.” She continued as she watched him to see if he would make the connection.


“Wow, congratulations babygirl,” Morgan said with what looked to be a forced smile. “So have you told Lynch yet?” She chuckled a bit but not in amusement, but disbelief at how thick he could be sometimes.


“No I wanted to tell the baby’s father first, and decided what ‘we’re’ going to do, then when Kevin returns home in a couple of weeks, from the 8 week IT training he’s been doing in Japan, I’ll tell him then.” She stated and could tell by the way Morgan’s mouth fell open slightly and his complexion took on an ashen color that realization had finally struck him. “I just didn’t think it would be the best thing to call up my boyfriend and say, ‘Hey honey, how are you? Oh by the way while you’ve been away I’ve cheated on you and gone and gotten myself knocked up.’ And it’s not going to go over well at all when he learns that you’re the father, he’s always been so jealous of you…and… and our relationship, and I was always telling him he was being silly. That you and I are ‘just’ friends and that our relationship is completely ‘platonic’… Oh my God I feel like a fucking hypocrite right now.” She babbled out as she began to panic, and Morgan instinctively pulled her into his arms to console and calm her, like he always did when she was in such a state.


“Come here,” He held her and she did calm a bit as she rested her head against his shoulder.


“What are we going to do Morgan? No,” She pulled back from his embraced and looked into his eyes. “The more appropriate question is what do you want to do Derek? Because I know what I have to do, and I’m not going to have an abortion.”


“I would never ask you to do that,” He said sternly as he frowned at her a bit. “I don’t want you to do that.” He added quickly and Garcia sighed in relief. “But I don’t know if I…” He said with a sigh and watched as her face fell at his words and her head bowed a bit, he reached out and cupped her chin and lifted her face again. “Hey, I’m just being honest here, last thing I was expecting to hear today is that I’m gonna be a father. And I’m not saying its bad news, just a surprise. I’m gonna need a moment to let it…marinate, OK.” She nodded her head. “Thank you,” He said as he released her, stood, and then turned and left the office, leaving a dejected Garcia staring after him stunned. She hadn’t expected him to be over the moon about the news, but nor did she expect that he would have to ‘think about’ whether he wanted to take responsibility for his child or not. She has known Derek Morgan for several years now, and she felt comfortable stating that she knew him better than anyone else, and if anyone had told her that we was a dead beat who had run out on a child he’d known about, she would have laughed in their face and then destroyed whatever good credit history they might have had. Now she couldn’t help but wonder if she really, truly knew him.


“It’s ok,” She spoke to the empty room and rubbed her hands over her belly. “It’s going to be ok, I promise.” She said confidently even though her heart wasn’t so sure.