Login

The Consequences by Pari



[Two Weeks Later]



She had managed to get through the past two weeks and it hadn't been as difficult as she had thought, and though what she referenced as 'Morgan's rejection' had initially stung it was something she knew she could and would deal with. Morgan hadn't mentioned their baby since she told him of its existence. He hadn't outright avoided her as she had done him in the previous weeks, and he had even been attentive towards her more so than usual; making sure she was eating and checking to make sure she was ok whenever she made an excuse to leave the room in the middle of a meeting to go vomit. Yet still, there was a strain between them but she didn't press the issue, she put the ball in Morgan's court for whenever he decided to play, and tell her one way or the other what he wanted to do. Whether he wanted to be a part of his child's life or not wouldn't deter Garcia from raising his child and loving it with all she had. She made a promise to herself that she would no longer wait around on things that were out of her control she couldn't afford to waste her energy on that anymore or be stressed out by it. She had her baby to think of. So she decided that she would just come clean and tell Kevin about her indiscretion and her baby as soon as she saw him, which she knew would be mere minutes because he had just arrived in the building; he had been texting her of his movements since he got off his flight. So she had been preparing herself and trying to remain calm when heard the soft knock on her door.

"Come in," She spoke out as she stood from her seat and wrapped her arms around her middle in a protective manner. The door opened and as she expected Kevin's head popped through the crack. He smiled at seeing her there and opened the door further as he walked in and moved to her. Before she could speak he had her in his arm and was kissing her deeply and passionately, in the way that would normally have her weak in the knees with desire for him, but this day her knees were weak for another reason.

"Mmmmm, God I've missed you," He pulled back a bit but moved right back in for another kiss, but Garcia broke the kiss by moving her head to the side.

"Kevin we…"

"I know, I know you don't like us 'fraternizing' at work, but it's been two months Penny and I've missed my girl." He said around a goofy smile and tears instantly sprang to her eyes.

"Oh Kevin, I'm sorry, I'm so…so sorry," Garcia said as her tears fell and a scowl shadowed Kevin's face as he cupped her face in his hands.

"Penelope what's wrong, sweetie?" He asked worriedly and she took a cleansing breath before she began to tell him the truth.


[Elsewhere]



"Hey we're heading over to Harry O's to grab some lunch, you coming?" Prentiss asked as she grabbed her jacket and pulled it on as Reid stood at his desk with Seaver, waiting.

"Naw, I'm gonna go see Garcia,"

"Yeah, we didn't bother asking her because we knew that Kevin Lynch was coming in today, and we figured she'd want to spend time with her honey," Reid stated and then pursed his lips into a straight line, which was his trademark smile.

"Lynch is back?" Morgan asked as his brows bunched and he hurriedly made his way to the door that lead to the back staircase, which he often took to get to Garcia's office.

"Yeah…uh…hmm," Reid tried to reply but Morgan was already gone.

"What is going on with those two?" Prentiss asked as she stared at the closed door that Morgan had disappeared through. Reid simply shrugged as Seaver looked on totally lost, as she always was with her new 'teammates'.




Morgan had made it to Garcia's open door in time to hear Kevin's voice boom out into the corridor.

"How could you do this to me?"

"I'm sorry Kevin, it wasn't planned it just happened." He heard a weeping Garcia speak out in turn.

"How, how did it 'just' happen?" The only answer that he got in response to his question was a face full of the wall that Morgan had slammed him into after he entered the doorway and saw Kevin's vice grip on Garcia's arm.

"Have you lost your fucking mind?" Morgan roared as he continued to pin the startled man to the wall, by folding his arms up behind his back.

"Morgan, don't. Please let him go, he didn't hurt me." Garcia pleaded as she grasped Morgan's arm and pull with all her might, and he relinquished his grip on Kevin's back, who turned and stared at him with wide fright-filled eyes.

"You don't ever manhandle a woman, boy, and especially not a pregnant woman," Morgan said pointing at the Lynch his anger still simmering as his chest heaved up and down in sync with his breathing.

"He didn't know that I'm pregnant, I hadn't gotten that far into the conversation," Garcia said as she flopped down into her chair, deflated and defeated.

"You're pregnant?" Kevin asked with a slight smile at the thought but then it faded as quickly as it had come. "With Agent Morgan's baby," He made it sound like a statement rather than a question.

"Yeah it's mine," Morgan was the one to answer and despite his anger towards the man standing before him, he couldn't help but to feel sorry for him, because he could actually see his heart breaking.

"How…how far along are…"

"Six weeks," Garcia responded and Kevin's eyes clamped shut when she placed that final nail into his coffin. He knew for sure that there was no possible way that the baby could be his. "I'm sorry Kevin, I never meant for any of this to happen. I love you."

"You love me?" Kevin repeated his voice rose slightly but calmed quickly when Morgan took a defensive stance readying to protect Garcia. "You don't do what you've done to people you love, Penelope." He paused a few seconds as he placed his hand inside the back pocket of his pants and pulled out a small tiffany blue box and held it up. Garcia gasped her eyes locked onto the box as she placed a hand on her chest. "I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you." Morgan's guilt suddenly nagged at him for the part he had placed in this. "I just don't understand, I loved you so much and would have done anything you wanted you only had to ask, why wasn't that enough…why wasn't I enough?"

"You were, you are…it was just a…a…"

"Mistake?" Kevin offered but she shook her head no.

"No I refuse to think of it like that because my baby was conceived that night," She said as she lovingly stroked her belly. "And I love this baby more than anything, and I will not let him or her ever think that they were a mistake." She added with such conviction that Morgan stared at her in awe and then became filled with shame at the way he had been treating her since she told him about the baby, their baby. "What happened between Morgan and I happened and I am sorry that it hurt you, but that is the 'only' thing I regret about that night, the fact that you've been hurt by it. But I can't change what happened I can only try to make amends for it, that's really up to you though."

"What? You want me to tell you it's ok and that we can still get married and I'll even help you raise another man's child?" Kevin asked dumbfounded.

"You will not raise 'my' child," Morgan cut in and Garcia locked her eyes onto him at hearing him reference their child as 'his' for the first time. "That baby will know who its father is. I grew up without my father my kid will never know what that's like. They'll never be vulnerable like I was." He stated finally coming to a decision even as he wondered why he had ever even taken time to give it thought. "I want to be a part of my child's life." He said the last part as he stared directly at Garcia, whose tears were flowing freely now. She threw him a small smile and nodded her head.

"Well I guess I'm not needed here," Kevin spoke out as he stepped from the wall and made for the door, and Garcia bolted up from her seat.

"Kevin please I don't want us to end like this, I don't want us to end at all. I love you…please…can we at least sit down and talk things through?" He stopped just as he reached the doorway.

"I don't know…maybe…maybe," He let out a heavy sigh as he let his head hang a bit. "But not today or tomorrow…I don't know," He walked out closing the door behind him. Garcia stood staring after him for a moment before her grief overtook her and her legs gave out on her, it had been Morgan's quick reflexes that had prevented her from crumbling to the floor. He held her in his arms as they both sat comfortably on the carpeted floor.

"I'm sorry babygirl," He said against her temple as he kissed the side of her head and slowly rocked her, intending to hold onto her until she was all cried out. "I'm sorry."